Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Eleaner Elizebeth Bacon Swett

Eleaner Elizabeth Bacon Swett
Recently my Daughter Nancy discovered this Photo in a book she was given a while ago.  The Book was a collection of Opra songs and had belonged to her Grandmother Elenor,  Ray and I had kept it for the longest time and did not realize the picture was there.  She posted the picture on face book to share with her brothers and sisters.  this is her comment: "My grandmother Eleaner B Swett, found it in the pages of a book that was given to me that was hers, bonus is that she signed the book so that's how we know it's her!It was a gift! My father adored his mom-she died when he was 7-he had possession of this photo the whole time and didn't even know it cause it was between the pages of her book of Opera Music, amazing find." with Elizabeth Carston and Paul Henry.  I totally agree with her,  what a find.  I did not know this photo even exsisted until Nancy called me to ask who the photo was of.  I am so glad she discovered it so I could share it here in my family blog for us all to see.  I belive I will post it to ancestry.com also.  I just posted here picture on ancestry and it led me to her mother and father.  she was just 9 months old during the 1920 census in New Jersey.  Amazing!
This was The book that belonged to my Husband's Mother
 
according to the bookplate she signed she spelled her Name Eleaner instead of Eleanor as we had believed. 

No comments: