Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas 2014


Merry Christmas December 2014 

To all my Family Merry Christmas from my home to yours.  It is Christmas Eve Day and a warm 60 degrees outside, a bit overcast with a slight drizzle most of the day but Warm, gotta love it.  I spent the past week and a half celebrating the Christmas season with my new friends down here in East Tennessee.
This is my 1st Christmas Season I will be away from all my Children having moved away from the Minnesota/Wisconsin area in May of this year to East Tennessee to a small town of Newport TN.  It has been an interesting and exciting time for me getting to meet and make new friends and neighbors, A lot of new experiences.

Yesterday Eve I sent at my church helping with the House of Prayer Christmas Party.  I helped to give out gifts to the girls and boys and goodie bags to the adults.  there was a band singing Christmas carols and bags of food for holiday meals were handed out to each family that was able to attend, they were so appreciative.  One Grandmother had tears in her eyes as she told us about her granddaughter opening up her present of a doll and with delighted glee held it to her bosom.

 I felt so blessed to be able to do such a little thing & pay it forward,remembering myself as a child receiving the gift of love and food from a group carolers from a church that had adopted us as their holiday family and each year at Thanksgiving and Christmas they would bring us a gift of food and a present for my brothers and I to put under our tree.

Above is my Christmas Tree this year with all the memories of christmases past unwrapped with each ornament as I placed it on my tree.  Yes my tree is full, full of memories that come with each ornament that I place on my tree...






This Filigree Star is the Oldest Ornament on my tree. My husband and I bought as a set of 3 or 4 Filigree ornaments containing the star, a box, an elongated 4 sided star and one other the year we went to Gimble's Store in downtown New York City to buy our first Artificial Tree.  That tree lasted over twenty years and many memories were placed on it year to year.  I'll have to search in my box of photos for a picture of it.  I'm sure you children remember it well.





This little felt hat is one of my 1st gifts from my children.  Raymond Jr.  It was made at school and attached to a baby food jar that had a Santa face painted on it with a cotton and beard.  The jar broke long ago but the hat is still in good condition, but the cotton it is a little brownish from wear so I will refresh it this year before putting it away.










This  Ornament is my newest one, given to me this year
 by my daughter Elizabeth so I can remember what a REAL winter looks like.. Very apt since it is in the 60's here today with no snow on the ground and no cold chilly wind in sight. it has an opening in the back for a Christmas light.  I like the effect the blue light has on it don't you.


I think I need to blog about those ornaments and their special memories.  I will make it a challenge for myself for the year of 2015

No comments: