Saturday, February 27, 2016

I enjoy watching the TV show "Finding your Roots"

This updated show of "Who do you Think You Are" uses a great number of tools on hand now to research a person's history including the paper on ancestry.com and newspaper and town and church records and DNA.  Oh how I wish I could to do such an extensive search such as they do. I have recently gone as far back as the 1500’s to find my husband's 20th Great grandfather on ancestry.com using their hints.

August 1961 my Wedding Day 

Starting with my marriage to Raymond Paul Swett of 47 years before he died in 2009.  Our family continues to grow adding rich history to our pages. I feel very blessed to be a part of this history. 

My Father Edward Groff Hess 

My husband, Raymond Paul Swett and I June 2007

The Cuccia Family with my mother Frances standing behind my Grandmother 

My Brothers Eddy and Bobby and I in 2013

















Ray's mother Eleanor Bacon
Looking back over the years I see a rich family history woven in the fabric of my life from my parents, their families, my husband and his family, to my eight children and their families.  As my family continues to grow threw my many grandchildren and great grandchildren.. It is with love that my youngest great grandchild will be born into in a week or two. 

I am awed to think of how large my family has grown from 8 children, 31grandchildren and 20+ great grand children.. My hope is they all will continue to add their family stories to this blog long after I am gone.
Ray's Grandfather Fredrick Swett with his mother Lilly Ward
 

Myself in the 4th grade in the middle of the 1st row

My youngest grandaughter Amelia. 

1 comment:

Dale said...

I cannot find a current email for you. How would you like to add a picture of Lilly's brother Horatio to your collection?

dale
tidajo@
verizondo tnet.