Sunday, July 07, 2013

My recent trip to NY brought back Memories of my growing up years

The past few weeks have flown by so fast.  I took a Road Trip back to NY to visit my Brother's Eddie and Bobby.  While there I took my daughter Elizabeth to Elmsford NY to see the place I grew up in.  It was very overgrown with trees, bushes and debris.  I reminisced a lot drawing from my memory images from the past of how it looked "back then". 

The remnants of an old mailbox for The Taxter Road Property.


The old water well was down here along with a stone wading pool built my Dad Edward G Hess Sr.,  Beyond the rocks there flowed a small stream that my brothers and I used to catch crayfish in.


 In this photo you can see the overgrown driveway leading to the house upon the hill.  Eddie, Bobby and I used to sleigh ride down this driveway all the way to the street in the winter time.  to the Left the tree with the fallen limb resting on it stood on the right back corner of our garage.  we used to climb it back then and sit on the roof of the garage gazing up at the clouds in the sky as they floated by.  The debris covers up the portion of the driveway leading to our house.  you can view more about my vacation this June 3013 here.



No comments: